just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Keith Nuthall
The drinks industry in the European Union has been asked whether it wants to allow smaller beverage manufacturers to sell products at lower excise duty rates than their larger competitors.
The European Commission has launched a phase two examination of UK aluminium can and bottle manufacturer Rexam's proposed takeover by US rival Ball Corp, over concerns that a merged company might dominate European markets.
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market.
The director general of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has accused the marketing of full-sugar non-alcoholic beverages of being one of the main contributors to rising child obesity around the world, especially in developing countries.
The Cuban government has called on the United States to allow the Franco-Cuban Havana Club Holding to sell its product into America, claiming that the import ban continues to breach World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules.
The Canadian government has released plans to impose a 100% surtax on American wine imports in retaliation to US measures on meat and livestock.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has said that single doses of caffeine of up to 200mg from all sources, including from energy drinks and cola, do not raise concerns for human health.
A report from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD) has said that increasing alcohol prices through taxes and minimum prices may help "tackle the heavy cost of harmful drinking".
European Union health ministers have agreed the development of a new policy for reducing alcohol-related harm.
All alcohol containers sold in the European Union should display calorie information, according to a parliamentary committee in the politico-economic bloc.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019