just-drinks authors and correspondents
Jonas Feliciano at Euromonitor International
Articles by Jonas Feliciano at Euromonitor International
With global sales forecast to exceed US$214bn in 2015, bottled water will trail only carbonates in terms of total RSP value. Still bottled water alone ($155bn forecast for 2015) should eclipse the juice category ($153bn) thanks largely to an expected total value growth of $10.5bn in emerging and developing countries.
Amidst the much-publicised decline of both regular and reduced sugar carbonates, The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo have confirmed plans to launch stevia-based cola carbonates (Coca Cola Life and Pepsi True) in the US.
Consumer concerns over calorie and sugar content have undoubtedly been a major contributor to shifting consumer beverage choices, particularly in developed markets like the US, UK, and France.
With challenges facing the CSD category at every turn, Euromonitor has spotted a surprise opportunity for producers, in some of the emerging markets of the World.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and analysis provider looks at the bottled water category.
As explored in Global Sports and Energy Drinks: Where Consumer Lifestyles and “Lifestyle Branding” Meet, energy drinks across the world are positioned and marketed in different ways.
The concentrates market remains in rude health, with both developed and emerging markets for soft drinks offering great rewards. Here, Jonas Feliciano from Euromonitor takes a closer look at the category.
As we welcome in the new year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2013 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and analysis provider looks at the soft drinks category.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends