just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Joe Bates
On Sunday (11 May), the Asia Pacific leg of Tax Free World Association's exhibition series kicks off. The event takes place against a backdrop of trading ills for international drinks companies in the domestic Chinese market. Joe Bates previews the exhibition and considers whether the China travails will seep into the region's broader Travel Retail channel.
Spanish wines and spirits company Diego Zamora Group has appointed Antony Kime to the newly-created position of global duty-free director.Spanish wines and spirits company Diego Zamora Group has appointed Antony Kime to the newly-created position of global duty-free director.
Distell has released details of the first line extension for its Amarula liqueur brand.
Ahead of this year's Tax Free World Association World Exhibition, which returns to Cannes next week, Joe Bates considers the travel retail landscape.
Bacardi’s B&B Liqueur
The Famous Grouse 40 Year Old is the oldest variant ever to be released by the brand's owners, The Edrington Group.
The Travel Retail world will start making its way to Singapore this weekend, in time for next week's TFWA Asia Pacific Conference & Exhibition. Joe Bates takes a look at what visitors to the event can expect as well as how the TR channel in the region is fairing.
Bordeaux wine brand Mouton Cadet is set to be the official wine supplier to the 2014 Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland, and the 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, France.
Heineken has appointed Ernesto Milan to the new position of duty free sales manager for South America as the brewer steps up its focus on its fast-growing Americas duty-free business.
The founder of the U'Luvka Polish vodka brand is set to step down from the namesake company.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team