just-drinks authors and correspondents
Jeremy Cunnington at Euromonitor International
Articles by Jeremy Cunnington at Euromonitor International
Having shared their thoughts on what trends will shape the spirits category in 2016, Euromonitor considers the corporate side of the segment, Senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington forecasts little movement.
Having considered the trends that are set to shape the year ahead for the wine category yesterday, Euromonitor now takes a corporate view on what 2016 will look like in the sector.
Having considered brewing trends in the year ahead yesterday, Euromonitor now takes a corporate view on what 2016 will look like in the beer category.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's announcement of its proposed acquisition of SABMiller late last year did not come as much of a surprise, and was the culmination of over a decade-and-a-half of merger and acquisition activity by brewers. However, it raises some interesting questions, not only in how the deal will work, but also what is next for the brewing industry - or, for that matter, the overall drinks industry.
In this, the second chapter of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead for the spirits category, senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington predicts a period of M&A calm in 2015.
Consumption of English gin - excluding consumption in India and the Philippines, which both consist almost entirely of local economy brands - has been dominated by three core markets: the US, Spain and the UK.
Mergers and acquisitions have to varying degrees been important in shaping the different alcoholic drinks categories.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017