just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Carlsberg is going on the offensive in the UK with a new campaign claiming that drinkers prefer its Carlsberg Export lager brand to Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois.
The Portman Group has argued that UK health campaigners are “ignoring the facts” after claims that children are being negatively influenced by drinks firms sponsoring sport.
SABMiller is planing to appoint a former CEO of Bacardi to its board as a non-executive director.
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) and the American Craft Spirits Association (ACSA) have joined forces to call for a cut to federal excise tax on spirits.
Oskar Blues Brewery has acquired fellow US craft brewer Perrin Brewing Co for an undisclosed sum.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is poised to propose a new chairman at its AGM next month.
PepsiCo's CEO, Indra Nooyi, saw her total compensation reach US$22.5m last year, helped by a new performance scheme.
Greek brewer Macedonian Thrace has raised concerns over the future of the country's beer market after the recent merger of Carlsberg-owned Mythos Brewery and Olympic Brewery.
William Grant & Sons is upping the UK exposure for Grant's Signature through a new GBP1.2m (US$1.8m) sponsorship deal with Sky Sports.
Diageo expects to see “intense price competition” continue in Ethiopia as new products emerge, but is “optimistic” for its future in the country, according to its Africa unit president.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014