just-drinks authors and correspondents
just-drinks' deputy editor began his journalism journey in 2003, cutting his teeth on a local newspaper in his native Essex. From here, he joined leading UK pub trade title The Publican, where he spent six happy years breaking exclusives, as well as winning a Britvic Business Journalist of the Year award and interviewing David Cameron, Nick Clegg and... Spandau Ballet's Tony Hadley (he owns a brewery).
After a year of freelancing covering the food and drink sector, James joined the good ship just-drinks in March 2012.
If he's not working or drinking, you'll usually spot him running.
Articles by James Wilmore
Diageo has completed its deal to regain full control of Tequila Don Julio from former joint partner Casa Cuervo.
Export volumes of US wine rose slightly last year, but sales by value fell 6.5% as the strong dollar took its toll, according to latest figures.
Pisco Portón has added a new expression to its portfolio in a bid to highlight the “versatility” of the white spirit.
Diageo is launching a new flavour variant of its Pimm's brand in the UK this spring.
Pernod Ricard has launched a new premium expression of its Havana Club rum brand in collaboration with Cuban cigar producer Cohiba.
UK brewer Hogs Back has launched legal action against C&C Group's Magners GB unit over claims of trademark infringement.
Exports of rosé wines from Provence to the US jumped significantly last year, according to recent figures.
Bogart's English Gin is being rolled out to the US next month after brand owner Rok Stars secured a distribution deal with Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
Ball Corp has agreed to acquire fellow can maker Rexam for GBP4.3bn (US$6.6bn) after the UK firm accepted a sweetened takeover offer.
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report