just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by James Wilmore
Casella Family Brands hit the acquisition trail late last year when it snapped up Barossa Valley producer Peter Lehmann Wines for AUD57m (US$49.8m). Here, just-drinks talks to the Australian firm's global marketing & export sales manager, Libby Nutt, about the plans ahead for the brand and Casella's star performer Yellow Tail.
As a former professional cricketer, Nick Pringle is well-aware of the power the game's biggest names wield over the public. That's why Accolade Wines has recruited the services of Glenn McGrath to promote its Hardys brand in India. Earlier this week, Pringle, who is now the company's commercial director for the Indian subcontinent, Africa, the Middle East, South & Central America, and Southern Europe, talks to just-drinks about the McGrath tie-up, as well as Accolade's market challenges elsewhere.
Camden Town Brewery has agreed to sell a 20% stake to a small group of private investors for around GBP10m (US$14.6m).
UK drinks retailer Majestic Wine has agreed a deal to acquire online rival Naked Wines in a deal worth GBP70m (US$103.7m).
Beam Suntory has launched a version of its Alberta Rye Dark Horse Canadian whisky in the US.
Bacardi is moving ahead with plans to lay off around 10% of its staff in North America.
Carlsberg has said it expects its beer tap billboard initiative in the UK to be a “one-off”, despite hailing the activity as a success.
Camus Wines and Spirits has agreed a deal for Laubade et Domaines Associés (LEDA) to distribute some of its “premium” Cognac brands in France.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a new, unbranded digital campaign in the US aimed at promoting the beer category.
Remy Cointreau is handing distribution of its portfolio in Canada to Glazer's.
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review