just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Gerard O'Dwyer
A political party in Finland's Coalition has demanded that the Government intervene to block the severance package agreed with the recently-released CEO of Altia Corp.
Olvi is looking to expand its footprint beyond its domestic market and is exploring acquisition opportunities in Belarus and th e Baltic states.
Norway’s newly-elected centre-right Government is about to herald a major shake-up of the country’s drinks sector.
The recent reduction in the tax on beer and soft drinks in Denmark has not been passed down to consumers in the country, according to local research.
Panimoliitto, Finland’s drinks industry federation, has criticised a Government plan to further increase the tax on alcohol in 2014.
Friends Fair Trade Norge (FFTN) has rolled out Ubuntu Cola in Norway, with the product becoming the first certified Fair Trade beverage brand to be launched in the country.
The ongoing Swedish government review into modernising the country's alcohol sales legislation has produced a proposal to permit Sweden's 1,000 co-operative and farm-run stores to sell alcohol on a restricted basis.
Finland's brewing and soft drinks industry federation has warned the Government that plans for a significant hike in taxes on beer, spirits and wine will impact negatively on profits and expand demand for imported alcohol products.
Skateverket, Sweden's National Tax Bureau, has started the process of demanding what the tax authority claims are excise duties outstanding on alcohol products bought by residents of Sweden from Internet-based online stores mainly in Spain, Poland and Germany.
Skatteverket, Sweden's National Taxation Office, has signalled that it may ask the Government to provide it with new legal powers to force online alcohol sales companies to disclose the names of their Sweden-based customers.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends