just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Datamonitor
As seen in this month's rundown of the latest innovative drinks launches, the single-use and shot formats continue to penetrate the market, with new products including a single-serve detox drink and a shot-type product designed to relieve the symptoms of cold and flu. Both highlight the popularity of functional products that can fit into consumers' increasingly mobile lifestyles.
Despite the difficulties presented by the recession, the UK soft drinks market has shown encouraging signs of growth. Britvic's 2010 Soft Drinks Report stated that industry sales rose 2% in 2009 to GBP8.5bn (US$12.74bn), fuelled mainly by a strong performance in the on-trade.
The UK has become a nation of consumer sceptics, according to recent research. Less than half - 44% - of the UK population trusts nutritional claims made by food and drink companies
Green Mountain Coffee has reported a hike in its Q3 earnings.
Starbucks has launched a bottled water product to help raise money for global clean water efforts.
The trend for Omega-3 enhanced products sees no sign of abating, with a number of new drinks launches tracked by Productscan Online this month containing the substance. Meanwhile, Coca-Cola has come up with a novel claim about its latest iced tea, which apparently provides the consumer with an intriguing cooling sensation - perfect for the summer then!
US drinks group Constellation has said that it is looking for strategic acquisitions in spirits.
Rumours of a bid by PepsiCo for Danone sent the French dairy firm’s shares soaring this week, but led to an outcry among French politicians worried about the loss of a ‘national champion.’
SABMiller is to move most of its beer brands' UK marketing and distribution in-house.
Datamonitors' Productscan Online has noted some interesting packaging designs in new drinks launches this month, which highlight the increasing length manufacturers will go to to get their products noticed. The gun shaped vodka bottle is an unusual package design and will certainly gain attention, while sachets of spirits and plastic beer bottles have a more practical feel about them.
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research