just-drinks authors and correspondents
Chris Losh has been writing about drinks for 15 years and still doesn’t wear a tweed jacket.
He has edited Wine and Spirit International and Wine Magazine. He has written columns for just-drinks for ten years and is never short of opinions, some of which may even not be completely wrong.
Columns by Chris Losh
Chris Losh looks at the latest issues affecting the global wine industry.
Articles by Chris Losh
Throughout this month, just-drinks' regular category commentators will be sharing their predictions for the year ahead. First up is Chris Losh, who flags what we should look out for in 2017.
As the drinks world is lit up by new spins on established sectors, Chris Losh considers whether the wine category risks getting left behind by the International Bright Young Things.
The importance of water in the production of wine has grown in recent years, to such an extent that many wine companies are struggling. Chris Losh considers where irrigation has become a problem issue.
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the country's potential to consume the stuff.
The UK's referendum rejection of the European Union is bad news for the wine trade, the UK and the EU itself, argues Chris Losh as he pores over the entrails of a slaughtered sacred cow in search of enlightenment.
Late last month, Chris Losh attended the International Cool Climate Wine Symposium, held in Brighton on the south coast of England. Among the presentations over the three days, delegates heard plenty of talk about the weather - something not uncommon in the UK.
This month, Chris Losh considers trends in the wine industry that risk at best confusing consumers or, at worst, alienating them altogether.
As long-standing a wine commentator as Chris Losh has seen trends come and go. But, how successful has the wine category been at following - or even setting - these trends?
This month, Chris Losh looks at Sauvignon Blanc, a varietal synonymous with - and dominant in - New Zealand. Has Sauvignon Blanc hit the top and had to stop?
This month, Chris Losh turns his attention to the Australian wine industry, and finds a country struggling with scant opportunities and structural problems in its number one export market.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits