just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Arnold Kirkby
Distell has acquired a 60% share in privately-owned Chinese distribution company CJ Wines & Spirits.
KWV Holdings, which is facing major profitability challenges, will have to do so now without its CEO, Thys Loubser, who has resigned with immediate effect.
Distell has acquired a significant stake in UK-based distributor BrandPhoenix in a bid to further strengthen its presence in the UK.
KWV and distributor Arvid Nordquist have agreed a five-year extension of their pan-Nordic wine and spirits contract.
Distell has assigned five of its leading wine brands to Matthew Clark in the UK in order to extend its presence in the country's on-trade.
KWV and the Monarq group, which operates in the Caribbean and Latin America, have drawn up a strategic agreement to distribute KWV’s portfolio of wines and brandies in the region.
South Africa's Government has hiked excise duty on spirits, despite falling sales for several producers in the country.
KWV’s net profits have slumped by 80% for the first half of its fiscal year, following write-down charges and a drop in sales.
South African alcoholic drinks group Distell has overcome tough economic conditions, locally and abroad, to increase sales and profits in its fiscal half-year.
The biggest shareholder in South African drinks group KWV, Zeder Investments, has sold the majority of its stake following last week's failed buyout of KWV by Pioneer Foods.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery