just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
A major UK government health agency has called on parents to remove all sugar-sweetened soft drinks from their children's diets.
Here's a round-up of this week's highlights in the global soft drinks & bottled water category. We are also running similar round-ups for beer and spirits & wine.
Spencerfield Spirit Co has launched a new slimline bottle for its Edinburgh Gin brand.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a UK TV ad as part of its Stella Artois Open golf sponsorship at St Andrews.
PepsiCo's next quarterly dividend will be a 7% rise on the same period last year, the company has announced.
Global Cognac shipments increased in the most recent 12-month period on the back of North American demand, but East Asia continued to fall back, new figures have shown.
AmBev has agreed a cut-price settlement to a fine first handed down by Brazil's antitrust authority six years ago.
Pabst Brewing Co is to open a small brewery and visitor centre on the site of the original Pabst Brewery, founded in 1844.
Boisset Family Estates has appointed a European sales manager for its Californian portfolio.
Heineken has expanded the launch of a new bottle for its Italian beer brand Birra Moretti to the UK.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research