just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Sunday's Super Bowl is fast approaching, which back in the pre-YouTube days meant growing excitement over the TV cast's ads. These days, however, many advertisers release their Super Bowl commercials ahead of time in an attempt to seed interest and maximise views.
Kirin's Australia unit, Lion, has launched a 0.9% abv beer under its Hahn brand as the company ups it focus on the low- and no-alcohol segment.
LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, has posted a healthy leap in full-year profits as sales in China rebounded in the second half of last year.
PepsiCo is to nudge Pepsi into the New York limelight with a cocktail bar in the city, dedicated to the taste of the kola nut.
New soft drinks producer Socko Beverages has launched an energy drinks brand in its home state of Arizona.
Newly-formed US wholesaler Breakthru Beverage Group has named a CFO as it filled in the remaining posts on its executive team.
SABMiller has defended its zero corporation tax bill in the UK, saying running costs for its head office in the country swallow up all profits.
Suntory's beverage unit is trying to complete its global takeover of Lucozade and Ribena with a swoop for the brands' leftover bottling and distribution rights in Nigeria.
US alcohol trade groups have asked regulators to investigate a new shelf management programme from retailer Kroger that seeks payments from producers.
UK soft drinks maker Cawston Press has appointed its first permanent managing director.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research