just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
PepsiCo is to remove aspartame from its Diet Pepsi range in the US, responding to consumer fears over the artificial sweetener.
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said there is "a tremendous amount of runway" for more cuts after its cost-savings programme helped grow sales and profits in its first quarter.
Scottish soft drinks maker Summerhouse Drinks has launched a tonic water to target growing demand for gin.
Heineken's departing CEO has called for clarity in Indonesia after a ban on beer sales in convenience stores cut volumes by a third.
The Coca-Cola Co has said there is still work to be done on Diet Coke in the US despite a recent sales turnaround.
Pernod Ricard yesterday announced a 6% rise in sales in the nine months to the end of March. Here's a look at the performance of the company's 14 major spirits and Champagne brands in the year-to-date, as well as a rundown of the top-line figures by region:
Arizona Beverages has said a final settlement in a long-running court battle between its two founders will safeguard the future of the company.
The Coca-Cola Co today reported a 4% drop in full-year profits. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks group:
Today, Heineken reported a lift in profits and sales in the first three months of this year. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by region:
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report