just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Pernod Ricard has said the company will have enough Havana Club for its core German market even if the US drops an import ban on the rum brand.
Pernod Ricard has started selling its Indian whiskies in sub-Saharan Africa as the company looks to double sales in the region over the next four years.
A UK ambassador to Guatemala and Honduras is to head up the Scotch Whisky Association’s (SWA) new London office.
An increase in Chinese visitors made up for a decline in the number of Europeans at VinExpo this year as attendance at the wine show in Bordeaux remained steady.
Edrington today reported a drop in FY sales and profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the 12 months to the end of March.
Edrington has said it has no plans to sell Brugal rum after the brand suffered a second write-down in three years.
Edrington has posted a drop in full-year profits after its second write-down in three years for its Brugal rum brand.
Diageo is closing in on a sale of its Gleneagles hotel, according to a Financial Times report.
Sidney Frank Importing Company (SFIC) has dropped a lawsuit against Beam Suntory, ahead of a proposed takeover by Mast-Jägermeister.
Britvic is to extends its Robinsons brand's 80-year-partnership with Wimbledon to 2020 after signing a new deal.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research