just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Analysts last week were grappling with the hoary old question of whether Anheuser-Busch InBev was lining up a bid for beer rival SABMiller.
SABMiller has completed a US$100m upgrade at its Ghanaian subsidiary, Accra Brewery, that will double capacity in the region.
Today, Treasury Wine Estates reported a sales and operating profits increase, hinting at a turnaround in fortunes for the group. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the Australian-headquartered company's performance by region:
Treasury Wine Estates has said it is well positioned for the rest of the year after H1 sales and operating profits increased.
The Coca-Cola Co is launching a series of TV and online ads celebrating the 100th anniversary of its brand Coca-Cola bottle.
AmBev is to develop a range of craft beers after teaming up with Brazilian microbrewer Wäls Brewery.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year.
US soft drinks companies will continue to increase their per-litre prices after realising that low prices have been damaging the industry, the head of Cott Corp has said.
SodaStream is to raise the stakes in the battle for the home carbonation market with a platform that dispenses both hot and cold drinks.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a drop in full-year profits and sales after currency fluctuations in Venezuela hit performance.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report