just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Inver House Distillers marked its 50th year with a solid jump in full-year profits, led by growth for its core single malt Scotch whiskies.
The head of the Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said a recent downturn in Scotch exports is over, with anecdotal evidence pointing to a return to growth.
Conecuh Ridge Distillery has launched a 55% abv version of its Clyde May's Alabama-style whiskey.
Delaware-based Dogfish Head Brewery has offloaded a 15% stake to private-equity firm LNK.
Pernod Ricard's Scotch whisky unit, Chivas Brothers, has launched its first peated-style Glenlivet since the 1980s.
Brown-Forman has declined to comment on a report it is looking to sell its struggling Southern Comfort brand along with other liqueurs in its portfolio.
Northern England whisky distiller Lakes Distillery has launched a sherry cask-finished expression of its The One whisky.
AG Barr has released a new Funkin cocktail syrup designed to make a range of sherbet cocktails.
Craft Brew Alliance is to expand distribution for Nantucket Island brewery Cisco Brewers after the two companies formed a new partnership.
The number of breweries in the US has surged past 4,000, just 15 months after crossing the 3,000 barrier.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research