just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
eBay has linked up with mobile wine app Drync to expand its US online wine platform.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is planning to roll out new Monster energy drinks in Europe, ahead of its expected bottler merger in the region.
Kirin Brewery's Australia unit, Lion, is looking to expand Byron Bay Brewing Co's distribution after adding the east coast brewer to its craft beer portfolio.
C&C Group's US cider unit Vermont Hard Cider has released a new extension under its struggling Woodchuck brand.
Heineken has unveiled a UK marketing campaign for John Smith's Golden Ale alongside football commentator and former Wales captain Robbie Savage.
Almost two-thirds of US states have now banned powdered alcohol, as California moves closer to its own prohibition.
Anheuser-Busch InBev had its general shareholders meeting this week, during what must be one of the busiest times in the company's history. With management flying all over the world - be it picking through the details of the SABMiller takeover or snapping up more craft brewers - it's a wonder they had a moment to spare for shareholders.
The Yalumba Wine Co has switched distributors in China after 11 years with Summergate.
Coca-Cola Femsa has posted a jump in Q1 sales and profits despite volumes declines in Brazil.
Asahi's overseas businesses have posted a drop in Q1 sales ahead of the Japanese brewer's takeover of SABMiller's European beer brands.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India