just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Heineken is looking to premiumise the global cider category by incorporating cider production within its existing breweries.
UK beer sales slipped in the past 12 months as the industry struggled against a football-free summer, new figures have shown.
Patron Spirits has appointed Glazer’s to distribute its portfolio in Canada.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to build a US$63m “mega-distribution centre” in Indonesia as it ups soft drinks investment in the country despite a recent slowdown.
C&C Group has unveiled new packaging for its underperforming Woodchuck Hard Cider brand in the US.
Cognac exports have rebounded in the past year as North American growth outpaced ongoing declines in Asia, according to new figures.
The Coca-Cola Co has opened its first bottling plant in Laos as the soft drinks maker continues to expand its presence in Asia.
Pernod Ricard's Canadian affiliate Corby Spirit & Wine has blamed an inventory build-up ahead of a push into the US for a drop in sales and profits.
Domaine Select Wine & Spirits has appointed a former Deutsch Family exec as its first CFO & COO.
The head of Arizona Beverage Corp has said beer could account for a quarter of his business within the next five years, according to a report.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research