just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Here's a round-up of this week's top stories in the global soft drinks & bottled water categories. We also have similar round-ups for beer & cider and spirits & wine.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has said it may appeal to the UK's highest court after Scotland’s justice system delivered a major blow to its efforts against minimum pricing.
The Boston Beer Co has announced an overview of its core brands as the brewer hit its fourth straight quarter of decline.
The managing director of Westons has been appointed the new chairperson of the UK's National Association of Cider Makers (NACM).
Carlsberg is to add a gluten-free Czech lager brand to its UK portfolio.
China has moved past the US to become Australia's top export destination for wine.
Strong sales and volumes increases in South America have driven Arca Continental's YTD performance.
PepsiCo has pooled its beverages sales forces in France with Danone Waters in the out-of-home food channel.
French wine group AdVini has expanded its presence in Burgundy with the purchase of Maison Champy.
The Coca-Cola Co has revealed a timetable for the acquisition and disposal of Anheuser-Busch InBev's newly-acquired stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, telling just-drinks it aims to have a new partner in place by 2018.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020