just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Heineken's Sri Lanka business unit has changed its name to Heineken Lanka.
Scottish craft brewer Brewdog has opened its first US bar, a 300-seat venue in Colombus, Ohio.
Sapporo Holdings' renewed focus on beer is paying off as profits last year surged on the back of fresh domestic growth for its core lager brands.
Asahi Group's alcohol and soft drinks units drove up sales and profits last year to deliver a strong performance for the Japanese conglomerate.
On Wednesday, PepsiCo will release its results for the fourth quarter - and full year - of 2016. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of December:
There was a bit of sparkle around The Coca-Cola Co's full-year results release yesterday as it was the first since CEO Muhtar Kent announced he would be replaced this Spring by COO James Quincey.
The Coca-Cola Co's incoming CEO has said the soft drinks giant is winning the fight to resurrect sparkling soda as zero-calorie Cokes and smaller pack sizes boost CSD sales.
Swedish fruit cider company Kopparberg is targeting Champagne-style occasions with a sparkling cider packaged in a 75cl bottle.
The Coca-Cola Co has posted a drop in full-year sales and profits despite a strong performance in North America.
Today, The Coca-Cola Co reported full-year and Q4 results, with sales in 2016 falling by 5%. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how each region has performed for the soft drinks giant in the 12 months to the end of December.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends