just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has said he has no regrets over the sale of Bushmills, admitting that the company couldn't make the Irish whiskey grow in the US.
Diageo's CEO, Ivan Menezes, has said he wants to be in the vanguard of the growing non-alcoholic beverage market.
Diageo CEO Ivan Menezes has said Brexit will not affect Scotch exports, and instead is an opportunity to open up whisky to new markets.
Today, Diageo reported a lift in full-year underlying net sales. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:
Diageo's underlying sales returned to growth for the fiscal year but currency volatility continued to hamper top and bottom lines.
On Thursday (28 July), Diageo will report its full-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its fourth quarter, the three months to the end of June:
Constellation Brands is a firm favourite on Wall Street at the moment. The company's share price hasn't stopped rising since it took control of the Grupo Modelo brands from Anheuser-Busch InBev. Indeed, US$100 worth of stock bought in June 2012, when the deal was announced, is now worth just over $850.
Cognac in the US helped drive strong sales and profits growth for LVMH's wines & spirits unit, Moet Hennessy, in the first half of the year.
Moet Hennessy has renewed distribution contracts in five US markets with Charmer Sunbelt successor Breakthru Beverage Group.
Beam Suntory's Australian unit is to launch a ready-to-drink Jim Beam highball that had been initially developed for the Japanese market.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends