just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Earlier today, The Coca-Cola Co reported its first-quarter results, with organic sales and volumes growth both flat in the period. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and category for the first three months of 2016:.
The Coca-Cola Co has retained its full-year growth outlook despite flat Q1 organic sales and volumes.
Rémy Cointreau has extended its Russia distribution deal with Russian Standard vodka owner Roust Group.
Carlsberg has dropped Tuborg as the main face of its UK festival programme as the brewer looks to revitalise its namesake lager brand in the country.
William Grant & Sons has named a new Europe & North America head of Travel Retail, almost a year after the previous director vacated the role.
If it's not one thing then it's another. Such is the way of the global drinks market.
Nichols is taking the Feel Good juice brand it bought in 2015 into the flavoured water category.
Pernod Ricard yesterday announced a 4% rise in organic sales in the nine months to the end of March. Here's a rundown of the top-line figures by region:
Diageo is to shed more than 100 jobs at its Scottish plants as it shifts some spirits production outside of the UK, a trade union has said.
Carlsberg has spent GBP15m (US$m) on its latest UK campaign as it tries to create "thumbstoppable" content for today's saturated digital market.
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World