just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Kirin Holdings is to spend US$8.4m on a new bottling plant for its Four Roses Bourbon, according to reports.
Price increases in the UK off-trade have slowed in the past year, with the cost of beer declining, according to recent figures.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has said it is co-operating with Australian state police after an employee was arrested for money laundering and receiving a reported half-a-million Australian dollars in corrupt commissions.
Willamette Valley Vineyards has posted a jump in full-year profits after retails sales drove a strong top-line performance.
Today, the Brewers of Europe announced that its members, which include all of the leading European brewers, are to voluntarily list ingredients and nutrition for all its beers in Europe. Last week, Diageo said it would do the same with its global brands such as Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker.
Brewers including Anheuser-Busch InBev, SABMiller and Heineken are to offer calorie counts and ingredients for their beers in Europe.
SPI Group has said is "very disappointed" by a Dutch court's demand that it return its Stolichnaya rights to the Russian state and is reviewing the ruling.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
The team behind Swedish cider Rekorderlig has said it wants the brand's new Dry Apple variant to be the cider version of Peroni and Corona.
Molson Coors has bought contract brewer Thomas Hardy's brewing and kegging facilities at the UK's Burtonwood Brewery.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets