just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Distell has outpaced declines in its domestic South African market to post a solid jump in full year profits and sales despite a write-down on former Pernod Ricard Cognac Bisquit.
Danish dairy group Arla has thrown down the gauntlet to soft drinks with a plan to triple its beverage business by 2020 through new healthier milk-based alternatives.
Chinese dairy firm Yili Industrial Group has launched a new yogurt drink containing juice balls that burst in the mouth.
Tsingtao Brewery's first half profits slumped 11% as China's second-largest brewery suffered amid weak consumer spending in the country, according to a report.
A new study suggests US on-premise alcohol sales have hit a "new normal" as consumer drinking patterns undergo a fundamental shift towards home consumption.
On Wednesday, Brown-Forman will report its first-quarter results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of July.
C&C Group's Scottish subsidiary, Tennent Caledonian, has expanded the launch of its gluten-free Tennent's Lager extension after a trial run in Italy.
UK supermarket chain The Co-op has pledged one whole bay in its drinks aisles for sugar-free beverages as it continues to expand its healthier options.
The global marketing head for UK wine & spririts group Berry Bros & Rudd has been appointed managing director of rival Armit Wines.
Is Carlos Brito's job in danger?
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016