just-drinks authors and correspondents
Andy Morton started out in journalism in Glasgow, where he wrestled in mashed potato and wrote about Highland cows.
Tiring of the high-brow, he travelled the world working as an itinerant sub-editor in cities including Taipei, Sydney and Shanghai. While in Hanoi, he brought to the world's attention the Scottish-Vietnamese fusion dish dog haggis.
He is now back in the UK with just-drinks after four years in Chengdu, China.
Articles by Andy Morton
Tsingtao Brewery has warned full-year profits will be down by almost two-fifths in the Chinese brewer's starkest admission yet of its problems.
Heineken has unveiled new aluminium bottles that turn black under black light.
Brown-Forman has teamed up with an R&B singer to launch a new flavour in its 25-year-old Jack Daniel's RTD malted beverage range, Country Cocktails. K. Michelle will help promote the new Southern Peach flavour, which initially rolls out in the south-east US ahead of a nation-wide launch in early Summer.
Sales and volumes increases in 2016 for UK brewer and spirits producer Adnams failed to lift profits in the year, as currency weakness hit the bottom line.
Molson Coors has launched a new Carling Cider flavour, Black Fruits, as it targets growing demand for canned fruit cider.
The head of Coca-Cola European Partners has said he remains confident of a "solid" first quarter of 2017, despite a slip in volumes in January.
Baijiu has overtaken whisk(e)y to become the world's most valuable spirits segment, according to recently-released research.
UK producer Elephant Gin has launched a navy-strength version of its namesake gin brand called Elephant Strength Gin.
The Cooper Spirits Co has released the first cask strength whiskey from its Hochstadter porfolio.
The Sidney Frank Importing Co has changed its name to Mast-Jägermeister US to reflect its takeover in 2015 by the German owners of the liqueur brand.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research