just-drinks authors and correspondents
Articles by Alan Osborn
The European Commission has proposed some modest help for the European Union's wine producers, who are struggling with a shrinking share of world markets and falling consumption in the region.
In part one of this month's management briefing, London-based Alan Osborn looks at the condition of the logistics sector for drinks companies in Europe.
The CEO of Chapel Down Winery has attacked a decision by the European Commission to ban the UK wine producer from using the word ‘wine’ on labels for a product it has made using grapes from Argentina.
A committee of the European Parliament has come down firmly in favour of drastic changes to the European Commission’s plans for reforming the EU’s wine sector.
The European Parliament has backed away from recommending the introduction of a harmonised health warning on alcohol packaging throughout the EU even though its own health committee had urged such a step.
The European Commission has told just-drinks that it will power ahead with its proposed wine reforms, despite an overwhelmingly negative reaction at the European Union (EU) Council of Ministers.
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has created a disputes panel to rule on the vexed question of whether India’s import duties on wines and spirits are so punishing they break WTO rules.
The European Parliament (EP) has rejected a European Commission proposal to raise the minimum level of excise duty on alcoholic drinks after MEPs failed to agree on a number of amendments to the legislation.
Significant changes in the European Commission’s proposed wine reforms will be announced when the draft legislative proposals are adopted on 4 July, including a 3-year extension of the planting restrictions until 2013.
The Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC) believes that advertisements by a Belgian beer brewer using terminology associated with Champagne "are not likely to be allowed" following a recent ruling on misleading advertising by the European Court of Justice.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research