Polmos auctions: Vodka under the hammer
Agros Holdings, owned by Pernod Ricard, could lose its exclusive rights to the vodkas Wyborowa and Zubrowka which could open the international floodgates. Simon Meads reports on the future of the vodka brands. The last few weeks has seen two big stories shake and stir the vodka category. First came the news that Brown-Forman Beverages has secured a 45% stake in Finlandia for £55m. Then came the not entirely surprising news - as it had been threatened while going through Parliament - that the Polish government had voted to remove Agros's export rights for the country's 21 Polmoses. Pernod Ricard, which owns a 74% share of Agros, has already warned that the Polmos and any other company trying to distribute the brands, will face a tirade of law suits. Pernod Ricard has been happy to take on Bacardi-Martini in the US over the Havana Club rum rights, so why not the Polish legislature?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report