The Electronic Nose
Electronic noses, sophisticated sensors that create digital fingerprints of smells, are being used by an increasing number of industries for quality control and product development. Food manufacturers may now be about to follow suit. One of the most important objectives of food production is to achieve a uniform, high quality of both raw materials and the final product. A particular concern for fruit processors is the systematic determination of fruit ripeness under harvest and post-harvest conditions, because variability in ripeness is perceived by consumers as a lack of quality. Engineers have recently devised an "electronic nose" that will help both the fruit processors, and ordinary shoppers, solve the perennial problem of how to determine the ripeness of fruit consistently.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends