Research - Turkey’s beverage market resilient in the face of adverse economic climate
In absolute volume terms, Turkey was the third strongest growing soft drinks market in the world last year, generating 1.6bn litres of new business, according to data from Euromonitor International. Only China and Mexico, with yield increases of 4.5bn and 2bn litres respectively, performed better. But, with the global financial crisis pushing Turkey's economy into a forecast contraction of over 5% this year, what is the soft drinks prognosis going forward? Rob Walker, senior non-alcoholic drinks analyst at Euromonitor International, investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends