Research in Focus - Back to the Future - Reassessing Projections in a Tumultuous World
As the fiscal and social maelstrom of the Great Recession started showing signs of abating, projections in October 2009 for the alcoholic drinks industry were relatively positive as most leading economies returned to growth. Nevertheless, and while a relative resurgence was indeed witnessed in a number of markets and categories, financial clouds are still ominously dotting the horizon in the form of spiralling country deficits, plummeting consumer confidence and unemployment rates stubbornly stuck in the high single digits. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing 'Alcoholic Drinks: Changing Growth Scenarios and Corporate Responses' hence serves as a compass in the still troubled international operating landscape, pinpointing opportunities and pitfalls amidst the post-recessionary clutter. Spiros Malandrakis investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends