Refocused PepsiCo Eyes New Horizon
The process of reshaping and refocusingPepsiCo, which commenced in 1996, is expected to leave the US-based soft drinks and snacksgiant in a stronger position as it enters the new millennium than it has been for manyyears. By Mike Rohan. PepsiCo's ambitious 'ProjectBlue' campaign signified the company's last big play to try and catch up witharch rival Coca-Cola in global soft drinks. Having since accepted that Coca-Cola isunassailable in certain markets, PepsiCo has settled for making the most of being theworld's second biggest soft drinks group and is now concentrating its efforts only onthose markets where it has the economies of scale and market share to compete effectivelywith its US rival. This has meant retreating or scaling back in certain international softdrinks markets - South Africa being a prime example where PepsiCo threw in the towel justthree years after re-entering the market in 1994.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research