GLOBAL: Protein beverage category looking good - research
The ready-to-drink protein-enriched beverage category could offer potential growth for drinks companies going forward, according to a recent report.
The 2009 report on Global RTD Protein Beverages, released today (20 March) and published by drinks market consultancy Zenith International, claims that the appeal of ready-to-drink protein-enriched beverages has now expanded to water, juice and milk based variants plus an increasing number of smoothies.
As well as examining why protein is important to human health, the report also looks at how supplementary protein can be beneficial.
While the advantages of supplementary protein have been accepted for some time in the bodybuilding community, the report says that recent studies have indicated that a protein rich diet can work for a number of different groups.
The main challenges facing drinks companies include public scepticism of the science and claims, alongside strong competition in an "ever more congested" functional drinks market.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends