just The Preview - PepsiCo Q4 & FY
PepsiCo will release its full-year results tomorrow
PepsiCo will report its full-year results on Thursday (14 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and performances in recent quarters.
- All eyes will be on PepsiCo's full-year results for its China division to see how its partnership with Tingyi is progressing, a partnership that unveiled its first joint site in October. Some analysts believe PepsiCo has the better of rival the Coca-Cola Co in the country thanks to reduced exposure. Tomorrow's numbers should paint a clearer picture, especially when compared to Coca-Cola's FY results released today.
- In October, PepsiCo announced it was to sell 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory.
- In the same month, PepsiCo announced a US$600m investment in Thailand after dropping local partner Serm Suk.
- Meanwhile, the company said it plans to open a bottling plant in Myanmar within 12 months.
- PepsiCo announced in November the planned closure of a Louisiana bottling plant, with the loss of 60 jobs.
- November also saw the company up its India exposure with a $72m deal to sponsor cricket's Indian Premier League.
In PepsiCo's year-to-date,
- Nine-month like-for-like net profits decreased by 10% to US$4.52bn
- Net sales in nine months to end of September fell by 1.7%% to $45.54bn
- Operating profits dropped by 6.6% to $6.90bn
For the company's Q3,
- Three-month net profits slipped by 5.2% to $1.9bn
- Net sales fell by 5.3% to $16.65bn
- Operating profits dropped by 3.6% to $2.8bn.
For the company's H1,
- Net profits dropped by 14% to $2.63bn
- Sales flat at $28.9bn in the period
- Operating profits decreased by 9%
In its Q1,
- Q1 group net profits slipped by 1% to $1.13bn
- Operating profits flat at $1.72bn
- Sales rose by 4% to $12.43bn
To read a preview of PepsiCo's Q3 results, click here.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends