just The Preview - Heineken Q3
Heineken is set to release its third-quarter trading update on Wednesday (24 October)
Heineken is set to release its third-quarter trading update on Wednesday (24 October). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of September.
- At the end of September, Heineken finally secured its takeover of Asia Pacific Breweries when shareholders in JV partner Fraser & Neave okayed the sale. It was a long and drawn-out process that lasted the whole quarter, but one that analysts said was necessary for Heineken to compete in emerging markets.
- With the APB deal proving to be all-consuming inthe quarter, there was little else happening in the Heineken universe. However, the company did set in place marketing campaigns around its sponsorship of the new James Bond movie, Skyfall, including a teaser for a global TV ad.
- In the middle of August, Heineken announced it was moving its US cider distribution arm back in-house. The move will target the country's fast-growing cider demand.
- The Dutch brewer also announced in August that it was to launch a new variation on Mexican drink michelada in the US. Tecate Michelada will be the first canned RTD michelada in the country.
- In September, Heineken called for an end to a row over the Heineken Cup rugby tournament. English and French clubs had demanded changes to the way the Heineken-sponsored tournament is run.
For just-drinks' coverage of Heineken's H1 results, click here.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered....
The third and final part of EurActiv's analysis of the European Union's alcohol harm reduction strategy focuses on the different positions being taken on different issues in different regions....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India