just the Preview - Dr Pepper Snapple Group FY
DPSG will release its FY results tomorrow
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) will report results for its fourth quarter and full year tomorrow (12 February). Here, just-drinks brings you highlights of the company's news in 2013.
- In February last year, an analyst warned that DPSG's major push for its new low-calorie Ten range risks "cannibalising" its full-calorie products.
- In March, the group acquired Nevada's D Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West as it continued efforts to strengthen distribution routes in the US.
- Also in March, DPSG said it was to take back the distribution rights for its Snapple brand in key Asia-Pacific markets.
- Ahain in March, the firm also said it was to join MillerCoors as a sponsor of football's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- In July, DPSG agreed to drop antioxidant claims from its 7UP range in the US and stop adding vitamin E after settling a court case with a health group.
- In November, New Jersey-based soft drinks maker Bai Brands extended its partnership with DPSG to distribute its low-calorie Bai 5 brand across the US.
- Net profits were up 3.9% to US$106m
- Net sales edged up 1% to $1.38bn
- Operating profits increased by 2.6% to $197m
- Net profits dropped 6.8% to $261m
- Net sales flat at $2.99bn
- Operating profits fell 2% to $482m
In the nine-month YTD:
- Net profits were up 2% to $468m
- Net sales flat at $4.5bn
- Operating profits fell 2.3% to $782m
Keurig Green Mountain (KGM) expects to almost double the number of brands available on its Keurig Cold home-carbonation platform after it launches this Autumn....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report