just the Preview - Constellation Brands Q3 & YTD
Constellation is preparing to release its Q3 results
Constellation Brands will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (January 8). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of November.
- In September, the company announced it was to invest US$20m in its Californian wineries to help keep pace with demand for premium lines. The company's premium portfolio, which includes Rex Goliath, Black Box, Woodbridge, has seen positive growth this year.
- In early October, a number of bottles of the group's Svedka vodka were recalled in four US states over fears of defects. The recall was described as “a precaution” and no injuries were reported.
- Later in the month, Constellation Brands-owned distributor Crown Imports “mutually” agreed to end its relationship with Carlsberg's Somersby cider brand in the US. A company spokesperson told just-drinks the move was prompted by the recent ABI/Modelo/Constellation deal, which made its distribution agreement with Carlsberg “far more complex”.
- In late October, Crown Imports launched its own Michelada beer brand, Modelo Especial Chelada, in the US. It combines the taste of the lager brand with tomato, salt and lime.
- A few days later, Constellation Brands' CFO reportedly told an analyst that the group would not be prepared to pay more than $100m in acquiring a “heritage” Tequila brand.
In the first quarter of the company's fiscal year:
- Comparable net profits in the three months to the end of May fell by 3% to US$74m
- Net sales rose by 6.1% to $673.4m
- Operating profits decreased by 5% to $104m
- Net profits in six months to end of August hit $1.57bn
- Net sales rose to $2.13bn
- Operating profits jumped to $1.74bn
For a preview of Constellation's Q2, click here.
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
In the third of our four-part look at sustainability in the wine category, Ben Cooper considers the drought that has affected California's winelands for the last three years....
Carlsberg is one of the leading companies in alcoholic drinks across the world. It considers itself the fourth largest brewing company in the world. Carlsberg has an extensive portfolio, comprising ar...
The G8 Spirits industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The guide also c...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review