just The Preview - Coca-Cola Company Q2 & H1
Coca-Cola will report second-quarter and first-half numbers tomorrow (16 July)
The Coca-Cola Co will report its second-quarter and first-half numbers tomorrow (16 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's activities and progress in the three months to the end of and June.
- In a further nod to health-conscious consumers, the company launched a caffeine-free version of its sugar-free Coca-Cola Zero in April.
- Later that month, the company extended its anti-obesity advertising drive by rolling-out the campaign to Canada.
- In May, the soft drinks producer made a pledge not to advertise to under-12s as it said it wanted to be “part of the solution” on obesity .
- In China, a senior Coca-Cola executive said the group is aiming to make the Asian market its biggest “soon”.
- In the UK, the Office of Fair Trading gave the green light for the company's full takeover of smoothie maker Innocent.
- At the start of June, Coca-Cola confirmed it had started bottling its products in Myanmar for the first time in 60 years.
- The group launched a “mid-calorie” product in Argentina containing stevia – Coca-Cola Life.
In Coca-Cola's Q1
- Net profits fell by 15% to US$1.75bn
- Net sales slipped by 1% to $11.04bn
- Operating profits fell by 4% to $2.4bn
To read just-drinks rundown of the group's first-quarter ups and downs, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Coca-Cola Co's H1 results, click here.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research