just The Preview - Brown-Forman FY & Q4
Brown-Forman will release its full-year results on Wednesday
Brown-Forman will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (5 June). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the year to the end of April and its performance in recent quarters.
- After Brown-Forman posted a healthy set of YTD numbers in February, analysts Nomura suggested the company could be looking at strengthening its presence in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y. No immediate acquisitions are likely, however, as in December the company paid out a large dividend to shareholders.
- In April, Brown-Forman replaced Suntory as the Jägermeister distributor in Australia. Brand owner Mast-Jägermeister said the US firm will take the label to “the next level”.
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey's production manager announced his retirement after 11 years in the job. Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July.
- In a reflection of the success Brown-Forman is finding in its super and ultra-premium whiskey portfolio, the group launched the first TV campaign for Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988.
In Brown-Forman's YTD,
- Profits were up by 17% to US$478m
- Net sales rose by 4% to $2.92bn
- Operating profits lifted by 13% to $721.1m
- Net profits rose by 16% to US$320.5m
- H1 net sales rise increased2% to $1.89bn
- Operating profits jumped by 12% to $484m
- Net profits rose by 25% to $147.5m
- Net sales went up by 4% to $878.1m
- Operating profits lifted by 19% to $221.7m
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends