just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
A-B InBev will report Q3 numbers on Thursday (31 October)
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Thursday (31 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the last quarter.
- In July, the company settled a legal dispute in the UK with London's Belleville Brewing Company. A-B InBev was concerned that the micobrewer's brands would be confused with its Belgian fruit-flavoured beer Belle-Vue.
- Mexico's competition watchdog approved commitments made by A-B InBev-owned Grupo Modelo after a long-running legal case initiated by SABMiller. However, the UK-headquartered brewer was not pleased with the ruling, suggesting it may not be the end of the matter.
- AmBev, A-B InBev's Brazilian unit, announced plans to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in south Brazil.
- In September, it was revealed that plans by AmBev to merge its two classes of shares into a single stock had been delayed.
In the first six months of 2013:
- First-half net profits fell 6.4% to $3.4bn
- H1 net sales rose 2.9% to $19.8bn
- Operating profits in H1 were up 2.4% to $7.3bn
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US....
Business Monitor International's Central America Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regu...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research