just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
A-B InBev will release its first-half results on Thursday
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its second-quarter and half-year results on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the three month from April to June.
- On 1 April, A-B InBev finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB). For a run-down of the five-year full circle the brewer took after it sold OB to a private-equity group, click here.
- In the same month, A-B InBev acquired Chinese brewer Siping Ginsber Draft Beer Co. Ginsber is China's eight-largest brewer.
- Also in April, former A-B InBev senior marketing director Mark Hegedus was appointed to lead the company's newly-acquired asset, Blue Point Brewing Co.
- In May, it was revealed that unionised brewery workers at A-B InBev's US unit, Anheuser-Busch, will get an extra US$24,000 in wages and benefits over the next five years after signing a new contract.
- A-B InBev in May lined up a global campaign for Stella Artois that highlights the brand's sponsorship of sporting and cultural events.
- Later in the same month, the brewer released another global TV ad in its Budweiser brand's World Cup campaign.
- In June, Anheuser-Busch confirmed it plans to test launch the Mexican lager brand Montejo in the US later this year.
- Also in June, A-B InBev bowed to pressure from a US blogger and a 50,000-strong petition by revealing online the ingredients it uses in its beers.
- Towards the end of the month, an Austrian asset manager that sold its “socially responsible” stock in A-B InBev said the brewer could return to favour if it elects more independent directors to its board.
In Q1 results:
- Net profits were down 23.6% to US$1.42bn
- Net sales increased by 8.9% to $10.6bn
- Operating profits rose 10.8% to $3.88bn
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Advertising campaigns to combat declines of core mid-priced domestic lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, are anticipated to continue given their success in 2014 and early 2015. Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B ...
Beer in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
Beer in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts