just the Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev Q2 & H1
A-B InBev reports its first-half numbers on Wednesday
- In April, the company faced down a former employee who alleges the brewer has watered-down its beers. A-B InBev has launched legal action claiming James Clark “improperly used” confidential information.
- Another legal tussle emerged over private-equity group CVC's sale of StarBev to Molson Coors. A-B InBev, which sold its brewing assets across Eastern Europe to CVC in 2009, claims the sale has triggered its right to an extra payment.
- A new bowtie-shaped Budweiser can was launched in the US in mid-April.
- The company agreed to sell its minority interest in its largest US distributor, City Beverage, by the end of next year.
- Plans to build a brewery in Vietnam were unveiled
- In May, A-B InBev launched its mainstream cider brand, Stella Artois Cidre, in the US
- The company agreed a deal to buy Ohio-based wholesaler C&G Distributing
- At the start of June, the brewer confirmed it had completed its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo
- The compay said it had been forced to close one its Russian breweries, pointing the finger at rising alcohol taxes and a government clampdown
- A “vented” Bud Light can went on trial in the US.
- In the fall-out from the Modelo deal, Constellation Brands took ownership of Crown Imports - a JV Constellation ran with Modelo - the Mexican brewer's Piedras Negras brewery and the perpetual rights to its brands in the US.
In A-B InBev's Q1
Net profits jumped by 23% to US$2.05bn
Sales fell by 1.7% to $9.2bn
Operating profits dropped by 3.5% to $3.4bn
To read a preview of A-B InBev's Q1, click here
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages