just the facts - Cider
Here are five facts on the UK cider category, taken from the latest available Nielsen data.
- Cider has a 10.5% volume share of the UK alcoholic drinks market, compared to beer on 66% and wine on 17.4%.
- Cider sales are growing by 8% by volume year-on-year, against a total alcoholic drinks market down 3%. Cider volume sales are up 14% in the off-trade, but down 0.7% in the on-trade.
- Pear cider has been the "key innovation" in the last 18 months and 40% of cider buyers have bought a Pear variety.
- However, all cider varieties are growing, including white cider, which has seen 6% volume sales growth in the off-trade.
- In the off-trade, premium cider is driving growth, up 16% in volume and 18% in value year-on-year.
C&C Group is understood to have cut the wholesale price of Bulmers draught cider in Ireland by EUR0.04....
C&C Group is backing its new cider brand, Gaymers, with a GBP5m (US$7.4m) marketing spend in 2010....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets