just On Call - PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
PepsiCo announced its first-half results earlier today
PepsiCo’s CEO has hinted the group is looking at re-franchising more of its operations globally after successful partnerships in Vietnam and Mexico.
Speaking to analysts today (23 July), Indra Nooyi said: “Where we think it makes sense, we’ll look at it on a case-by-case basis. Vietnam and Mexico are performing well.” PepsiCo sold 51% of its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory in 2012.
Nooyi added: “Stay tuned. As we find interesting opportunities, we’ll be back to talk to you.”
Earlier today (23 July), PepsiCo reported a 3.3% rise in first-half profits, while sales were flat. Beverage volumes in Q2 edged up by 1%.
The US CSD category has been under particular pressure as consumers turn to healthier options. But, Nooyi warned against getting obsessed with pressure on volumes.
“In categories that our slowing down in particular, a focus just on volume is an unhealthy trend,” she said. “We are very careful to make sure that we carefully balance volume with pricing growth and not try to go for volume at all costs.”
The camera soars low over fields of spiked agave plants, past workers toiling under the hot Mexican sun. You turn your head as you drift into the hold of a truck. Suddenly you're in a bustling Tequila...
Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets