just On Call - Innovation not just about new flavours - Coca-Cola Amatil
CCA released its first-half results today
In an analysts' conference call today (20 August), after posting a first-half drop in profits and sales, MD Terry Davis said that there is “no structural weakness in the CSD category”. However, Davies admitted that CCA will have to “innovate aggressively”, aside from new flavours.
“We invented the Share a Coke marketing drive and now it is everywhere,” Davis said. “We know that innovation not just about the flavours.”
Davis said CCA's “portion control” strategy, which includes smaller-sized 20cl brand Coca-Cola cans, is growing “by 60% a year and attracting new consumers with very different occasions”. He also said the company will launch Coca-Cola Lemon later this year, “which will add material value to volume”.
Coca-Cola's Share a Coke push, which replaces the Coca-Cola script on packaging with common first names, was launched in Australia in 2011 and helped increase young adult consumption by 7%, according to The Guardian.
Coca-Cola rolled it out in Europe this year and it is the company's biggest summer marketing campaign. A Coca-Cola UK & Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks today it is still to early to disclose the success of the campaign but added that it is “going well”.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US