just On Call - Innovation not just about new flavours - Coca-Cola Amatil
CCA released its first-half results today
In an analysts' conference call today (20 August), after posting a first-half drop in profits and sales, MD Terry Davis said that there is “no structural weakness in the CSD category”. However, Davies admitted that CCA will have to “innovate aggressively”, aside from new flavours.
“We invented the Share a Coke marketing drive and now it is everywhere,” Davis said. “We know that innovation not just about the flavours.”
Davis said CCA's “portion control” strategy, which includes smaller-sized 20cl brand Coca-Cola cans, is growing “by 60% a year and attracting new consumers with very different occasions”. He also said the company will launch Coca-Cola Lemon later this year, “which will add material value to volume”.
Coca-Cola's Share a Coke push, which replaces the Coca-Cola script on packaging with common first names, was launched in Australia in 2011 and helped increase young adult consumption by 7%, according to The Guardian.
Coca-Cola rolled it out in Europe this year and it is the company's biggest summer marketing campaign. A Coca-Cola UK & Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks today it is still to early to disclose the success of the campaign but added that it is “going well”.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research