just on Call - Coca-Cola Enterprises sees diet CSDs outperform regular in Europer
CCE has been encouraged by the performance of its diet range
Consumer fears over aspartame appear not to have crossed the Atlantic from the US, as Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has reported that its diet portfolio is outperforming its regular range in Europe.
In an investors conference call last week, CCE’s European president, Hubert Patricot, was asked whether markets were being affected by increasing health fears. “We don’t see that,” said Patricot.
“If anything, the diet portfolio has outperformed the regular portfolio in the last quarter ... and they (diets) really continue to grow very fast.”
His comments came after CCE last week reported a drop in nine-month net profits, with sales flat.
Concerns around the artificial sweetener aspartame have hurt the US' diet soda market lately, with Dr Pepper Snapple Group's chief saying last week that he was "shocked" by the impact. PepsiCo has also expressed concerns.
Meanwhile, on the firm's future prospects in its key Western Europe markets, Patricot said CCE expects to be helped by some “GDP improvement” by next year. But, he added: “Unemployment remains pretty high in all our markets - 8% to 9% - and it does not change.”
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review