just On Call - Britvic CEO seeks more US growth after Fruit Shoot milestone
Britvic released its H1 results today
Britvic's CEO has said it is trialling its dilute brands in the US, but the focus remains on Fruit Shoot after securing nation-wide distribution.
Speaking to analysts, following the release of first-half results today (21 May), Simon Litherland revealed that the single-serve Fruit Shoot is now available from about 84,000 distribution points across the US. The ramp up comes just three years since the single-serve children's drink was first tested in the country through a partnership with an Alabama bottler.
“We are delighted with the progress we have made and the speed with which we've made it,” Litherland said. “The national distribution is a significant milestone.”
Litherland added that tests on dilutes in the US are “on-going” but that there is still room for expansion with Fruit Shoot, which he claimed is driving growth in the children's single-serve category.
“There's still significant distribution potential for single-serve and a continued opportunity to build consumer awareness and penetration in the short term,” he said. “We will continue to test multi-packs, while expanding our supplier footprint.”
Litherland said Fruit Shoot's success is partly down to a lack of innovation and investment in the children's soft drinks category. “What Fruit Shoot is demonstrating time and time again - and this is also true in France - is that it doesn't just take share but it grows the category, which is important for retailers,” he said.
In today's H1 results, Britvic's net profits climbed by 11%, with sales up 5%. A climb in H1 volumes and sales for GB carbonates was partly down to increased promotions on two-litre colas from Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) in the prior year comparable, Litherland said. CCE has since withdrawn its two-litre offerings in exchange for 1.75-litre PET bottles.
Britvic Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report
Synopsis Canadean's "Britvic Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...read more
Synopsis Canadean's "Britvic Plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...
Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and serv...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report