just On Call - Anheuser-Busch InBev head seeks Rita balance for Budweiser
A-B InBev released its H1 results today
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said Budweiser's market share in the US “remains an issue” but that the Rita extensions can balance the brand's portfolio.
Speaking to analysts today, following the group's first-half results, Carlos Brito said products such as Bud Light Lime-a-Rita and Straw-Ber-Rita will be the “growth engines” for the Budweiser brand as they attract new consumers. The high-abv flavoured beers will give A-B InBev “a portfolio that is more in tune with today's consumers”, Brito said.
“If you look at the Ritas, it's still low penetration,” he added. “We believe there is huge untapped potential.”
A-B InBev first launched Lime-a-Rita two years ago and has since added a range of extensions. Today, the company announced it will launch a new Rita flavour, Apple Ahhh, in the third quarter.
Meanwhile, the CEO blamed tough comparisons for the Budweiser family dropping 62 basis points of market share in Q2 but said the company is “optimistic” and is focusing on driving value in the premium category.
“Budweiser remains an issue,” Brito said. “We've provoked our team to look upwards in the market, to trade up, as opposed to relying on old methods to get share back.”
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year....
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report