Focus - Brown-Forman's YTD Performance by Region, Brand
Brown-Forman reported a strong set of YTD results earlier today
Emerging markets were flagged for driving the YTD growth for Brown-Forman: Underlying sales from emerging markets grew by 12% in the nine-month period.
Double-digit sales gains were recorded in China, Brazil, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, India and the CIS countries.
While Poland posted a double-digit rise in sales, the company flagged "significant buy-in activity" in the country, ahead of a tax rise on 1 January.
Mexico saw sales decrease by mid single-digits in the period, as high inventory levels in Q1 and a "competitive marketplace for the Tequila category" came into play.
The US saw sales rise by 4% thanks to higher price and mix, while the developed markets of the UK, Japan and France reported double-digit sales growth.
Germany and Australia also saw sales rise, by high single-digits and low single-digits, respectively.
The Jack Daniel's range reported a lift in sales in the first nine months of the fiscal year of 10%. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey sales were up by 8%, while the Tennessee Honey variant, launched in the US in 2011, saw sales leap by "over" 30% as it rolled out into several markets outside of the US.
The Woodford Reserve portfolio reported a net sales gain of 27%, while the Finlandia vodka stable delivered a 9% sales list.
Herradura Tequila saw sales increase by 4%, with El Jimador's sales inching up by 1%.
The Southern Comfort brand struggled in the nine-month period, with sales slipping by 4%. The US delivered a mid single-digit fall in sales for Southern Comfort.
Spirits in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
Spirits in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
In spirits, the Holy Grail has long been for the brand to become the bar call. History shows, however, that achieving such a feat is not the end of the story and, as Richard Woodard suggests, brings i...
Tequila is an alcoholic beverage that is produced from blue agave plants. People have mixed perceptions about tequila, but its acceptance is expected to increase during the forecast period. Manufactur...
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends