Focus - Brown-Forman's YTD Performance by Region, Brand
Brown-Forman reported a strong set of YTD results earlier today
Emerging markets were flagged for driving the YTD growth for Brown-Forman: Underlying sales from emerging markets grew by 12% in the nine-month period.
Double-digit sales gains were recorded in China, Brazil, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, India and the CIS countries.
While Poland posted a double-digit rise in sales, the company flagged "significant buy-in activity" in the country, ahead of a tax rise on 1 January.
Mexico saw sales decrease by mid single-digits in the period, as high inventory levels in Q1 and a "competitive marketplace for the Tequila category" came into play.
The US saw sales rise by 4% thanks to higher price and mix, while the developed markets of the UK, Japan and France reported double-digit sales growth.
Germany and Australia also saw sales rise, by high single-digits and low single-digits, respectively.
The Jack Daniel's range reported a lift in sales in the first nine months of the fiscal year of 10%. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey sales were up by 8%, while the Tennessee Honey variant, launched in the US in 2011, saw sales leap by "over" 30% as it rolled out into several markets outside of the US.
The Woodford Reserve portfolio reported a net sales gain of 27%, while the Finlandia vodka stable delivered a 9% sales list.
Herradura Tequila saw sales increase by 4%, with El Jimador's sales inching up by 1%.
The Southern Comfort brand struggled in the nine-month period, with sales slipping by 4%. The US delivered a mid single-digit fall in sales for Southern Comfort.
In spirits, the Holy Grail has long been for the brand to become the bar call. History shows, however, that achieving such a feat is not the end of the story and, as Richard Woodard suggests, brings i...
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends