Focus - Brown-Forman's YTD Performance by Region, Brand
Brown-Forman reported a strong set of YTD results earlier today
Emerging markets were flagged for driving the YTD growth for Brown-Forman: Underlying sales from emerging markets grew by 12% in the nine-month period.
Double-digit sales gains were recorded in China, Brazil, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, India and the CIS countries.
While Poland posted a double-digit rise in sales, the company flagged "significant buy-in activity" in the country, ahead of a tax rise on 1 January.
Mexico saw sales decrease by mid single-digits in the period, as high inventory levels in Q1 and a "competitive marketplace for the Tequila category" came into play.
The US saw sales rise by 4% thanks to higher price and mix, while the developed markets of the UK, Japan and France reported double-digit sales growth.
Germany and Australia also saw sales rise, by high single-digits and low single-digits, respectively.
The Jack Daniel's range reported a lift in sales in the first nine months of the fiscal year of 10%. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey sales were up by 8%, while the Tennessee Honey variant, launched in the US in 2011, saw sales leap by "over" 30% as it rolled out into several markets outside of the US.
The Woodford Reserve portfolio reported a net sales gain of 27%, while the Finlandia vodka stable delivered a 9% sales list.
Herradura Tequila saw sales increase by 4%, with El Jimador's sales inching up by 1%.
The Southern Comfort brand struggled in the nine-month period, with sales slipping by 4%. The US delivered a mid single-digit fall in sales for Southern Comfort.
Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Spirits in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
In spirits, the Holy Grail has long been for the brand to become the bar call. History shows, however, that achieving such a feat is not the end of the story and, as Richard Woodard suggests, brings i...
Spirits in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research