Cointreau's new campaign targets cocktail crooners
Under the strapline 'Glow with Cointreau', the four print and poster advertisements use strong, fluorescent graphics and encourage young drinkers, particularly women, to experiment with different mixes.
"This new campaign reflects this drive for a new approach for consumers to consider choosing Cointreau. It combines stylish imagery with a real sense of what the authentic Cointreau taste is all about…and uniquely embodies the sensations of drinking Cointreau via eye-catching graphic techniques," said John Ashmore, Cointreau's international marketing director.
According to the company, compared to the general malaise surrounding the liqueur sector, Cointreau's sales are rising. Overall, the brand's sales increased by 4% in 1999, with the US contributing a substantial 25% increase. Europe and Japan also showed growth. If an renaissance is coming for the traditional orange-based aperitif, then it will be pushed by bartenders who are also a target market for the brand this year. On-trade promotions will appear in the next few months, highlighting cocktails such as the Cosmopolitan, The Sidecar and The Original Margarita. Another old favourite is the Manhattan, which is being revitalised by combining Canadian Club and Cointreau, and a dash of bitters.
Selective bars will receive a brass partnership plate, engraved with "Cointreau Inside", to guide consumers.
To make up your own mind, take a look. This is a Windows98/NT only program to show the current French version of the campaign. You can download it by clicking here - you will not need additional software or plugins.
(The file has been virus checked by McAfee and Norton anti-virus software.)
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India