Analysis - Monster Beverage Corp poised for global surge
Monster is tracking down Red Bull outside of the US
Monster Beverage Corporation's international profits will jump 50-fold over the next three years, an analyst has predicted.
In a note to clients, Stifel analyst Mark Astrachan said today (11 April) that Monster's annual operating profits from sales outside of the US will increase from US$5m last year to $101m in 2015. At the same time, international operating margins will rise from 1.1% to 13.4%.
Astrachan also said the energy drinks maker is poised to cut into Red Bull's global hegemony, as it has done in the US and Western Europe. “Monster’s share has steadily increased in many international markets, an indication of solid consumer acceptance,” Astrachan said.
According to Stifel estimates, Monster will grow its international market share in value terms from 5.1% to at least 7.5% by 2015. Astrachan added: “We believe our rest-of-the-world growth and market share assumptions could prove conservative, given Monster’s substantial share gains over a relatively short time in the US and Western Europe.”
Monster is likely to repeat the formula of strong sponsorship and promotional efforts that saw it overtake Red Bull as the market leader by volume in the US in ten years, Astrachan said.
This week, Monster announced a US$200m buyback of the company's outstanding common stock.
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Comment - What on Earth is a Liqueur?
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future