Analysis - Gruppo Campari faces "transitional" year
Campari reported a slight dip in full-year profits
Gruppo Campari is set for a “transitional” year as it invests in its global infrastructure but this could pressurise short-term margins, according to an analyst.
The Italian group yesterday (7 March) reported a 1.6% dip in full-year net profits, as sales rose by 5.2%. Analyst Nomura said the medium-term outlook for growth is “attractive” for the group.
In a note today, the analyst added: “We view 2013 as a transitional year with investment behind global infrastructure, for example Scotland and the US, as well as supply chain and commercial efficiency projects.
“This will put some pressure on margins in the short term; however, longer term, we think it should lead to greater efficiencies and stronger execution.”
Nomura said it views Campari as an “active consolidator” in the medium term. However, in the short-term, it said it expects the company to focus on integrating the Appleton rum business.
Nomura added: “We would use share price weakness as an opportunity to buy into what we consider Campari’s attractive medium-term growth story.”
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research