Analysis - AG Barr's Milton Keynes opening welcomed
AG Barr has opening its Milton Keynes facility ahead of schedule
The opening of AG Barr's Milton Keynes factory has been welcomed by analysts, who suggest it will ease capacity issues for the group and allow brand investment.
Earlier today (25 July), the Irn Bru producer confirmed that the production and warehouse facility is now operational and has opened ahead of schedule. It came as the group said it expects to report a 5% rise in first-half sales, helped by the UK's recent good weather.
Panmure analyst Damian McNeela said: “We believe that this (Milton Keynes) is positive news and should ease internal capacity constraints and generate cost savings that can be recycled into investing behind its brands.
"We think there will be a particular focus on Rubicon and on Irn-Bru in England.”
Investec also hailed the news, noting that the group “now has more flexible capacity to capitalise on growth opportunities”.
However, Canaccord Genuity analyst Wayne Brown said that M&A could prove a “management distraction” for Barr, while he also anticipates on-going input cost pressures, particularly from sugar and mango prices.
Following the acquisition of Irish company C&C (Ireland) Ltd in 2007 Britvic Ireland Ltd has held a firm position in soft drinks, offering leading brands such as Club and Ballygowan in Ireland. Despit...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report