What next for Danone's water business?
Danone has reportedly entered "early stage" talks over the potential sale of its water business. Read analyst opinion and just-drinks comment on the story here.
Just as Danone's bottled water division has begun its climb to recovery, speculation has surfaced that the Evian producer might dispose of the business. Here, just-drinks speaks to analysts and assesses the firm's strategy.
Danone has remained tight-lipped on a report that it has entered talks to sell its water business, but analysts believe a deal could make sense for the group.
Danone Waters has posted an increase in third-quarter sales and confirmed its full-year targets for growth.
Danone has identified Latin America as a strong emerging market for bottled water and is seeking to gain a greater foothold in Brazil.
French beverage firm Danone Waters said it will leverage its position in emerging markets in 2010 as volume growth in 2009 was entirely driven by those countries.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends