What next for Danone's water business?
Danone has reportedly entered "early stage" talks over the potential sale of its water business. Read analyst opinion and just-drinks comment on the story here.
Just as Danone's bottled water division has begun its climb to recovery, speculation has surfaced that the Evian producer might dispose of the business. Here, just-drinks speaks to analysts and assesses the firm's strategy.
Danone has remained tight-lipped on a report that it has entered talks to sell its water business, but analysts believe a deal could make sense for the group.
Danone Waters has posted an increase in third-quarter sales and confirmed its full-year targets for growth.
Danone has identified Latin America as a strong emerging market for bottled water and is seeking to gain a greater foothold in Brazil.
French beverage firm Danone Waters said it will leverage its position in emerging markets in 2010 as volume growth in 2009 was entirely driven by those countries.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits