What next for Danone's water business?
Danone has reportedly entered "early stage" talks over the potential sale of its water business. Read analyst opinion and just-drinks comment on the story here.
Just as Danone's bottled water division has begun its climb to recovery, speculation has surfaced that the Evian producer might dispose of the business. Here, just-drinks speaks to analysts and assesses the firm's strategy.
Danone has remained tight-lipped on a report that it has entered talks to sell its water business, but analysts believe a deal could make sense for the group.
Danone Waters has posted an increase in third-quarter sales and confirmed its full-year targets for growth.
Danone has identified Latin America as a strong emerging market for bottled water and is seeking to gain a greater foothold in Brazil.
French beverage firm Danone Waters said it will leverage its position in emerging markets in 2010 as volume growth in 2009 was entirely driven by those countries.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review