Round-Up - TFWA World Exhibition 2010
All the fun of the fair at this year's TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), the president of travel retail at Pernod Ricard Americas, Christophe Lemarié, explains which of the company's divested brands he'll miss the most.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes today (20 October), Ian Taylor, global marketing manager for travel retail at William Grant & Sons, echoes the firm's excitement at the arrival of Tullamore Dew to the William Grant stable.
After Monday's gentle breaking in, the Tuesday is traditionally the day when the TFWA really starts to buzz. That was certainly the case for me.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), John McDonnell, chief operating officer of Patrón Spirits Company, explains why he remains optimistic about the Tequila company's future, despite the trend towards drinking at home in its main market, the US.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (18 October), Michael Cunningham, regional manager of travel retail at Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers, gives his reaction to William Grant & Sons' purchase of Irish whiskey brand Tullamore Dew earlier this year.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), Jonathan Driver, global brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker at Diageo, gives his view on the halo effect afforded to a brand by mega-premium expressions.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes opened its doors yesterday morning (18 October) for the first day of the TFWA World Exhibition. The sun and the sea looked pretty inviting after leaving London in the dark, but it's in the halls of the Palais that the bulk of my time here will be spent.
We're back in Cannes next week for the TFWA World Exhibition. Ahead of the six-day travel retail trade fair, Joe Bates sets the scene on the channel, and looks at what we can expect to see in the hall.
The president of the Tax Free World Association has played down concerns that terrorism warnings in Europe could impact travel-retail sales by reducing traveller numbers.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends