Focus - The Battle Over HR 5034
The row in the US over the Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act is front of mind, with the bill being heard today (29 September). Here's a round-up of just-drinks coverage of the controversial proposals
Following Wednesday's first day of the House Judiciary Committee's Hearing on HR 5034, the Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act, we're back with Wine & Spirits Daily's coverage of the second – and final - day, yesterday (30 September).
The House Judiciary Committee Hearing on HR 5034, the Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act, got under way in the US on Wednesday (29 September). Here, we hand over to Wine & Spirits Daily in the US for coverage of the hearing on its first day.
An array of trade bodies in the US have reiterated their opposition to HR 5034 ahead of its hearing later today.
US trade bodies for beer, wine and spirits producers and retailers have united to oppose the latest draft of a bill that they say would allow individual US states to discriminate against out-of-state producers.
California's Senate has backed the state's wine industry in opposing a bill that it says could allow individual US states to discriminate against out-of-state producers.
Five US drinks industry bodies have written to all members of Congress in the country, opposing the Comprehensive Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness (CARE) Act.
The introduction of a new bill into the US Congress that seeks to reaffirm the states’ powers to regulate alcohol has reignited the debate over inter-state direct wine shipping, and sparked a fierce battle between drinks wholesalers and suppliers. Ben Cooper reports.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down