Blog: You're a traditionalist? Then get out of here!
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 May 2004
We’re quite partial to a drink here at just-drinks – after hours, of course. There’s nothing to beat a foaming pint of real ale, in a pint glass, in a quiet, English pub, with a roaring fire and rain lashing against the windows outside.
So with that traditional thought in mind, let us fast forward to the great British summer, and welcome… bitter in a carton?
Old Kent Inns, a UK brewer, has launched bitter in a Tetra Pak. The company believes the container is ideal for outdoor events, and will end the worry of injuries from other containers.
We’re not sure if you drink it straight from the carton, or if it comes with a straw – either way, the traditionalist in us is having a hissy fit right now.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research