Blog: You're a traditionalist? Then get out of here!
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 May 2004
We’re quite partial to a drink here at just-drinks – after hours, of course. There’s nothing to beat a foaming pint of real ale, in a pint glass, in a quiet, English pub, with a roaring fire and rain lashing against the windows outside.
So with that traditional thought in mind, let us fast forward to the great British summer, and welcome… bitter in a carton?
Old Kent Inns, a UK brewer, has launched bitter in a Tetra Pak. The company believes the container is ideal for outdoor events, and will end the worry of injuries from other containers.
We’re not sure if you drink it straight from the carton, or if it comes with a straw – either way, the traditionalist in us is having a hissy fit right now.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends