Blog: You're a traditionalist? Then get out of here!
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 May 2004
We’re quite partial to a drink here at just-drinks – after hours, of course. There’s nothing to beat a foaming pint of real ale, in a pint glass, in a quiet, English pub, with a roaring fire and rain lashing against the windows outside.
So with that traditional thought in mind, let us fast forward to the great British summer, and welcome… bitter in a carton?
Old Kent Inns, a UK brewer, has launched bitter in a Tetra Pak. The company believes the container is ideal for outdoor events, and will end the worry of injuries from other containers.
We’re not sure if you drink it straight from the carton, or if it comes with a straw – either way, the traditionalist in us is having a hissy fit right now.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends