Blog: You know it's true, everything I do...
Olly Wehring | 29 January 2007
While it may be stretching a point to say that we go to the ends of the earth for you, dear reader, I’ve made the short jump over to Paris this week to attend the Wine Evolution conference, to make sure you get the lowdown on what’s going on in the global wine industry.
And, if that isn’t dedication enought to the cause, here’s proof of my dedication to the drinks cause outside of office hours...
Saturday afternoon in the Jardin du Luxembourg, reading a fascinating book on how France’s winemakers coped during World War II.
I do it out of love - you do know that, don’t you?
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory