Blog: Writing (not) on the wall for SABMiller's Australian friends
James Wilmore | 17 July 2013
Gentle, self-deprecation isn't normally associated with company bigwigs. So, it was a refreshing change when SABMiller's Asia-Pacific MD Ari Mervis had analysts and hacks chuckling to themselves after a humourous aside at the group's regional presentation in London today.
A video was shown to illustrate the integration of Carlton & United Breweries' into SABMiller, following 2011's takeover. Unsurprisingly, it featured a line-up of brewers and sales folk waxing lyrical about their new(ish) corporate paymasters.
Sensing the slight cheesiness of the content, Mervis turned to the room following the video's conclusion and said: "The most impressive thing about that video is the fact the guys could read my handwriting, after I'd given them the answers."
Light relief is always welcome at these kinds of things, cheers Ari.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages