Blog: Writing (not) on the wall for SABMiller's Australian friends
James Wilmore | 17 July 2013
Gentle, self-deprecation isn't normally associated with company bigwigs. So, it was a refreshing change when SABMiller's Asia-Pacific MD Ari Mervis had analysts and hacks chuckling to themselves after a humourous aside at the group's regional presentation in London today.
A video was shown to illustrate the integration of Carlton & United Breweries' into SABMiller, following 2011's takeover. Unsurprisingly, it featured a line-up of brewers and sales folk waxing lyrical about their new(ish) corporate paymasters.
Sensing the slight cheesiness of the content, Mervis turned to the room following the video's conclusion and said: "The most impressive thing about that video is the fact the guys could read my handwriting, after I'd given them the answers."
Light relief is always welcome at these kinds of things, cheers Ari.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research