Blog: World Cup 2006 - how far is too far?
Olly Wehring | 1 June 2006
With the World Cup drawing ever closer, I don't know how it is where you are, but here in England we're getting pretty carried away... again.
Two years ago, during Euro 2004, the streets here were hit by a flag epidemic, with nigh-on every car sporting its own St. George's flag. The impromptu-feel of the flags then has been taken away this time, however, with everyone and anyone trying to sell England 'fan-packs.'
A story from on-trade publication the Publican today confirms that some may be taking things too far.
A licensee in Manchester has painted his entire pub with a St. George's flag. His wife commented: "It's been worth it because the customer reaction has been great. People just want the tournament to start now."
I'd imagine their neighbours want it to end pretty quickly as well.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research