Blog: Working lunch
Chris Brook-Carter | 20 January 2005
On Tuesday, I had a very pleasant lunch with Dick Wallingford, formerly of Beringer Blass fame. Dick has now set up as an import consultant here in the UK for a number of California wineries.
It was interesting talking to Dick about Foster’s potential takeover of Southcorp, as he was on the inside at Beringer when it became Foster’s last major wine acquisition.
I asked him about all the negative coverage the takeover bid had got from the analysts. His reply was that the company had little choice but to launch the bid. “Well if Foster’s doesn’t buy it and cannibalise its own brands with Southcorp’s, then someone else will,” he told me.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range