Blog: Working lunch
Chris Brook-Carter | 20 January 2005
On Tuesday, I had a very pleasant lunch with Dick Wallingford, formerly of Beringer Blass fame. Dick has now set up as an import consultant here in the UK for a number of California wineries.
It was interesting talking to Dick about Foster’s potential takeover of Southcorp, as he was on the inside at Beringer when it became Foster’s last major wine acquisition.
I asked him about all the negative coverage the takeover bid had got from the analysts. His reply was that the company had little choice but to launch the bid. “Well if Foster’s doesn’t buy it and cannibalise its own brands with Southcorp’s, then someone else will,” he told me.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research