Blog: Wordsmith for hire - has own gun
Chris Brook-Carter | 22 September 2004
As a journalist, the preconception held by many is that I am good with words. Well, allow me to prove that assumption absolutely correct…
The creator of the AK-47 assault rifle has launched Kalashnikov vodka in the UK. Lieutenant General Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said he wanted to continue “the good name” of his gun.
“I’ve always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things,” the 84-year-old told Reuters Television. “So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England.”
And what has this to do with my wordsmith claim? Check this out for a tagline: “At last – a drink that will blow your brains out.”
Ad agencies can contact me at the usual address.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends