Chris Brook-Carter | 1 October 2003
Indeed, it took me a couple of reads before I realised that the distillery's claims the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency where actually concerned it was anthrax or the like rather than malt whisky it was producing wasn't some joke.
Best of all is that the defense agency became concerned after watching the distillery's production process from the webcams on Bruichladdich's website - is it normal for Bin Laden and his cohorts to televise their operations?
Having noticed that one of the webcams was no longer functioning and therefore apparently becoming more suspicious, the Agency, rather than send a man into such a dangerous operation, sent an email which was "curious as to why the webcam that was inside the shop/bar is no longer there, or at least, functional". Good to know we are in such safe hands.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review