Blog: Wish they all could be Californian - They are
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 October 2004
Further to yesterday’s news story covering the launch of the Californian Wine Institute’s campaign to promote the area in the UK wine market, a subscriber has asked for a list of the Benchmark wines that the Institute is using as ‘ambassadors’. We are happy to oblige:
Dry Creek Vineyards 2003 Chenin Blanc from Ballantyne Wine Merchants
Beringer Vineyards 2002 Stone Cellars Sauvignon Blanc from Beringer Blass Wine Estates
Hahn Estates 2003 Monterey Chardonnay from Patriarche Wine Agencies
J. Lohr Winery 2003 Painter Bridge Chardonnay from Enotria Wine Cellars
Woodbridge Select Vineyard Series 2002 Ghost Oaks Chardonnay from Robert Mondavi Winery
Bonterra Vineyards 2003 Viognier from Brown-Forman Wines
Fetzer Vineyards 2003 Valley Oaks Syrah Rose from Brown-Forman Wines
RH Phillips 2002 Toasted Head Merlot from Vincor International
Blossom Hill 2001 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Percy Fox & Co
Camelot 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon from Kendall-Jackson Europe
Delicato Vineyards 2003 Kingfish Shiraz from Ehrmanns
Blackstone Winery 2002 Shiraz from Constellation Wines
Concannon Vineyard 2002 Central Coast Syrah from The Wine Group
Ironstone Vineyards 2002 Petite Syrah from HwCg Wine Growers
Rancho Zabaco 2002 Sonoma Heritage Vines Zinfandel from E&J Gallo Winery
Ravenswood 2001 Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel from Constellation Wines
On a related note, our news editor, Olly Wehring, will be visiting California next month and would be glad to meet with as many wine companies as possible while he is there. Please contact him directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits