Blog: Wish they all could be Californian - They are
Chris Brook-Carter | 19 October 2004
Further to yesterday’s news story covering the launch of the Californian Wine Institute’s campaign to promote the area in the UK wine market, a subscriber has asked for a list of the Benchmark wines that the Institute is using as ‘ambassadors’. We are happy to oblige:
Dry Creek Vineyards 2003 Chenin Blanc from Ballantyne Wine Merchants
Beringer Vineyards 2002 Stone Cellars Sauvignon Blanc from Beringer Blass Wine Estates
Hahn Estates 2003 Monterey Chardonnay from Patriarche Wine Agencies
J. Lohr Winery 2003 Painter Bridge Chardonnay from Enotria Wine Cellars
Woodbridge Select Vineyard Series 2002 Ghost Oaks Chardonnay from Robert Mondavi Winery
Bonterra Vineyards 2003 Viognier from Brown-Forman Wines
Fetzer Vineyards 2003 Valley Oaks Syrah Rose from Brown-Forman Wines
RH Phillips 2002 Toasted Head Merlot from Vincor International
Blossom Hill 2001 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Percy Fox & Co
Camelot 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon from Kendall-Jackson Europe
Delicato Vineyards 2003 Kingfish Shiraz from Ehrmanns
Blackstone Winery 2002 Shiraz from Constellation Wines
Concannon Vineyard 2002 Central Coast Syrah from The Wine Group
Ironstone Vineyards 2002 Petite Syrah from HwCg Wine Growers
Rancho Zabaco 2002 Sonoma Heritage Vines Zinfandel from E&J Gallo Winery
Ravenswood 2001 Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel from Constellation Wines
On a related note, our news editor, Olly Wehring, will be visiting California next month and would be glad to meet with as many wine companies as possible while he is there. Please contact him directly on email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends