Blog: Wine tasting etiquette
Olly Wehring | 17 November 2009
Young wine critic Matt Skinner has been stung in the UK this week after it emerged that he does not taste all of the wines that are recommended in his annual guide.
Skinner, an Australian who became a household name in the UK as the wine guru for chef Jamie Oliver, did not taste all of the wines recommended in his The Juice 2010 book.
Having thought about it, and weighed up Skinner and the publisher's excuse that "a lot of the wines in the book are consistent each vintage", this looks bad.
Publishing deadlines or not, this sort of practice undermines consumer confidence in the authority of wine critics - which could be detrimental for the industry.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends