Blog: Wine tasting etiquette
Olly Wehring | 17 November 2009
Young wine critic Matt Skinner has been stung in the UK this week after it emerged that he does not taste all of the wines that are recommended in his annual guide.
Skinner, an Australian who became a household name in the UK as the wine guru for chef Jamie Oliver, did not taste all of the wines recommended in his The Juice 2010 book.
Having thought about it, and weighed up Skinner and the publisher's excuse that "a lot of the wines in the book are consistent each vintage", this looks bad.
Publishing deadlines or not, this sort of practice undermines consumer confidence in the authority of wine critics - which could be detrimental for the industry.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends