Blog: Wine Folk - Put yer money where yer mouth is
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 January 2005
As our financial world crashes around our ears, with interest rates rising and pensions nose-diving, news reaches us here at just-drinks that the answer may actually lie at the bottom of a bottle.
Premier Cru Fine Wine Investments Ltd has launched its own Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) Consultancy division. The European Fine Wine investment house, hopes to exploit the Fine Wine investment market as an opportunity for high growth investment returns and is dedicated to helping IFAs achieve solid returns for their clients.
Premier Cru’s IFA Consultancy division offers IFAs full training as well as the ability to service accounts - with a dedicated sales manager per account.
“Fine Wine benefits from being stable, tax-free, easily realisable, consumable, low risk and portable,” Premier Cru says. “Above all else, due to decreasing availability, there is increasing demand. Fine Wine has consistently outperformed all other forms of recognised investment. It has remained the steadiest form of investment, as it is generally unaffected by recession, interest rate changes and stock market fluctuations.”
Stacey Golding, investments director of Premier Cru, elaborated: “People do not like to discuss their pension premiums amongst friends around the dinner table, but they do like to talk about the value of their wine.”
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends