Blog: Wine Folk - Put yer money where yer mouth is
Chris Brook-Carter | 24 January 2005
As our financial world crashes around our ears, with interest rates rising and pensions nose-diving, news reaches us here at just-drinks that the answer may actually lie at the bottom of a bottle.
Premier Cru Fine Wine Investments Ltd has launched its own Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) Consultancy division. The European Fine Wine investment house, hopes to exploit the Fine Wine investment market as an opportunity for high growth investment returns and is dedicated to helping IFAs achieve solid returns for their clients.
Premier Cru’s IFA Consultancy division offers IFAs full training as well as the ability to service accounts - with a dedicated sales manager per account.
“Fine Wine benefits from being stable, tax-free, easily realisable, consumable, low risk and portable,” Premier Cru says. “Above all else, due to decreasing availability, there is increasing demand. Fine Wine has consistently outperformed all other forms of recognised investment. It has remained the steadiest form of investment, as it is generally unaffected by recession, interest rate changes and stock market fluctuations.”
Stacey Golding, investments director of Premier Cru, elaborated: “People do not like to discuss their pension premiums amongst friends around the dinner table, but they do like to talk about the value of their wine.”
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits